- To promote and encourage development, advancement and research in the science of telemedicine and it’s associated fields.
- To encourage and promote application of telemedicine technology in clinical care, education and research in the health sector.
- Fostering networking and collaboration among interest groups in telemedicine technology and professionals from different streams of science, health care providers, policy makers, NGOs and industry.
- To promote training of students, health professional, research fellows and technicians in various aspects of telemedicine. Also, to co-ordinate with academic institutions and Medical Council of India, AICTE, DOEACC and regulating agencies in developing curriculum for telemedicine training courses and incorporating appropriate modules in the Medical, Dental and Paramedical training programmes.
- To arrange regular scientific meetings, symposia, seminars and workshops.
- Spearheading the development of appropriate clinical and industry policies and standards.
- Disseminating knowledge in telemedicine field by publishing brochures, periodicals, and journals. Creating an exclusive web site for the society and regularly updating it with telemedicine news.
- To work in close collaboration with scientific organizations and the industry in development and implementation of innovative products & services related to tele health. Organizing trade exhibitions during annual meetings of the society.
It is, indeed a great honour to be the President of the Telemedicine Society of India (TSI). The Telemedicine Society of India is completing 20 years soon and it has come a long way, well guided by the past Presidents and the executive committees. The TSI is now a mature and well reputed society with a vision to provide delivery of health services to the unreached masses, be it rural or urban, through the use of information technology.
Telemedicine/Telehealth is the tool by which the health services can leapfrog to the last person in India. It is also a force multiplier. The new executive committee will ensure that the Telemedicine services are rapidly deployed in the the farthest corners of India. With our experience in providing telemedicine service we will bring out a booklet regarding of telemedicine consultation.
I would request and appeal to all TSI members to take the society of greater heights.The TSI State chapters are the ones, who can really transform delivery of Health services to the needy people.
– Maj Gen (Retd.) A K Singh
Maj Gen Dr. A K Singh (Retd.)
Immediate Past President
Col. Dr. Ashvini Goel
Dr. Prasanta Kumar Pradhan
Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Murthy Remilla. L.N
Jt. Secretary cum Treasurer
Dr. Nishu Tyagi
Dr. S. Mohanty
D. Sateesh Kumar