Leverage the affordance of AI-driven, state-of-the-art IOT and Cyber Physical Systems to create and deliver anytime, anywhere healthcare services that are accessible, affordable, citizen-centric, safe, secure, sustainable, timely, and cover the full spectrum of preventive, promotive, curative, emergency, ICU, palliative and rehabilitation services of allopathic and AYUSH doctors, to satisfy the unmet current and emerging needs of all healthcare stakeholders in the government, private sector, civil society.
Make Tele-Health the New Normal for affordable access to best-in-class universal healthcare in a connected and comprehensive healthcare ecosystem linking even the most remote rural populations to District, State, National and International Centres of Healthcare Excellence.
- To promote and encourage development, advancement and research in the science of telemedicine and it’s associated fields.
- To encourage and promote application of telemedicine technology in clinical care, education and research in the health sector.
- Fostering networking and collaboration among interest groups in telemedicine technology and professionals from different streams of science, health care providers, policy makers, NGOs and industry.
- To promote training of students, health professional, research fellows and technicians in various aspects of telemedicine. Also, to co-ordinate with academic institutions and Medical Council of India, AICTE, DOEACC and regulating agencies in developing curriculum for telemedicine training courses and incorporating appropriate modules in the Medical, Dental and Paramedical training programmes.
- To arrange regular scientific meetings, symposia, seminars and workshops.
- Spearheading the development of appropriate clinical and industry policies and standards.
- Disseminating knowledge in telemedicine field by publishing brochures, periodicals, and journals. Creating an exclusive web site for the society and regularly updating it with telemedicine news.
- To work in close collaboration with scientific organizations and the industry in development and implementation of innovative products & services related to tele health. Organizing trade exhibitions during annual meetings of the society.
During the National Conference on Telemedicine held in Lucknow in April 2001 the participants resolved to form a scientific society dedicated to Telemedicine awareness at national level and carry out annual scientific event pending a formal registration, thus the Telemedicine Society of India was born and all the participants signed a resolution to this effect and were made the founding members . The first annual conference of the society was held in Lucknow in the subsequent year and all the participants were inducted to the founding member group. In the following two years there were no scientific activity till March 2005 when an International Conference on Telemedicine (INTELMED 2005) was hosted by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) at Bangalore. During this event a general body meeting was held among the founding members present to resolve to form an interim executive body to initially take the responsibility of steering the activities of the society till the formal registration of the society and election of executive is held thereafter. Unanimously the following interim group of executive was formed; Dr S. S. Badrinath, Chairman, Sankara Nethralaya (Founder President), Sri Bhaskaranarayana of ISRO (Vice President), Prof. Saroj Mishra (Secretary) and Prof. K. Ganapathy (Joint Secretary-cum-Treasurer). Members of the executive body was selected from among representative of various Ministries of Government supporting telemedicine activities (Department of Information Technology & Indian Space Research Organization), Defense Services, Academic Organizations playing active role in telemedicine (AIIMS, New Delhi & SGPGI, Lucknow) and Indian office of WHO. The society got formally registered in 2006 at Lucknow having its registered office at Telemedicine Center, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences. Considerable progress has been made over last few years. The society had its First to thirteen Annual conferences at Lucknow(2002), New Delhi (2006), Chennai (2007), Chandigarh (2008), Pune(2009), Bhubaneswar(2010), Mumbai (2011) , Coimbatore(2012), Jaipur(2013), Bhopal (2014), Kolkata (2015), Bengaluru (2016) and Pune(2017) respectively. The Telemedicine Society of India, is now a reality. IsfTeH, the International Society for Telemedicine and e-Health, has now recognized TSI as the official national society representing Telemedicine activities in India.
It is, indeed a great honour to be the President of the Telemedicine Society of India (TSI). The Telemedicine Society of India is completing 20 years soon and it has come a long way, well guided by the past Presidents and the executive committees. The TSI is now a mature and well reputed society with a vision to provide delivery of health services to the unreached masses, be it rural or urban, through the use of information technology.
Telemedicine/Telehealth is the tool by which the health services can leapfrog to the last person in India. It is also a force multiplier. The new executive committee will ensure that the Telemedicine services are rapidly deployed in the the farthest corners of India. With our experience in providing telemedicine service we will bring out a booklet regarding of telemedicine consultation.
I would request and appeal to all TSI members to take the society of greater heights.The TSI State chapters are the ones, who can really transform delivery of Health services to the needy people.
Colonel (Dr) Ashvini Goel (Retd)
Colonel (Dr) Ashvini Goel (Retd)
Maj. Gen. (Dr.) Ashok Kumar Singh (Retd.)
Immediate Past President
Dr. Prasanta Kumar Pradhan
Dr. Meenu Singh
Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Murthy Remilla. L.N
Jt. Secretary cum Treasurer
Dr. S. Mohanty
D. Satheesh Kumar